Rangiwahia Environmental Arts Centre Trust
Rangiwahia Environmental Arts Centre Trust (REACT) is an Incorporated Society with Charitable status furthering the aims of sustainable practice. The Trust:
- promotes environmental arts projects and provides educational outreach on sustainable practices through school visits and workshops
- aims to create a carbon neutral gallery space as an example of alternative energy in action
- brings people together for fun and learning
- provides a perpetual space for the growing of willow, hazel and chestnut, incorporating a living sculpture landscape art park
- will create a forum for collaboration between artists - local, national and international - working in the environmental field, and endeavour to make provision for some free workshops each year, to remove barriers to learning
- specializes in Giant Puppet making, large scale constructions, lanterns, costumes and masks, which are utilised in processions and parades, in school activities, and local carnivals such as the International Women's Day Parade and the Lantern Parade that kicks off Palmerston North's yearly Festival of Cultures.
REACT's emphasis is on recycling, the environment (grow your own resources), and having fun.
Email: Click to email now
Phone: 06 328 2823
Website: Visit now